Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pre-Op Day 2

I did the exercises before yesterday, but intermittently:  not if my knee hurt from standing all day, not if I forgot and then I was too tired to squeeze them in, etc.

The exercises ARE working.  By the end of today, my quads (according to one of the orthopedic people I've seen, the muscle most affected by the ACL surgery) were aching.  That, I consider a good sign.  It's making the Wall Squat exercises difficult (only done 14 reps so far -- taking a break, but better get back to 'em)
OK, done.  Ow.

Pain from lactic acid is good though.  It says "these muscles worked out yesterday (or the day before yesterday)!" and it goes away if you work them out again.  Good incentive!

ACL Rehab Exercises
Heel Slide: 20 ea. side
Prone Knee Flexion: 3 sets of 10 ea. side
Thera-Band Hamstring Curls: 3 sets of 10 ea. side (orange band)
Heel Raises: 3 sets of 10 ea. side
Wall Squat with Pillow: 20 x 10 sec. ea. (forgot the pillow for half of them and was bracing myself against my knees - not sure if that affects its efficacy)

No comments:

Post a Comment