Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Back to Square One

Long story short, a few weeks after my last post, I hurt my knee AGAIN.  I seemed to be recovering (managed to get into that JM DVD a few times in early December) and then it flared up for no reason.  A few doctors' appointments later, I'm scheduled for an ACL repair surgery in two weeks.  I plan to use this site to keep accountable with the PT exercise, but come to think of it, I really need to exercise before the surgery too.  Let's keep that here too.

BTW, I'm also keeping my weight down with dieting through www.myfitnesspal.com.  I highly recommend it.

ACL Rehab Exercises
Heel Slide: 20 ea. side
Prone Knee Flexion: 3 sets of 10 ea. side
Thera-Band Hamstring Curls: 3 sets of 10 ea. side (orange band)
Heel Raises: 3 sets of 10 ea. side (+10 both heels)
Wall Squat with Pillow: 20 x 10 sec. ea. (some actually 15 sec. but 200 sec. total)

Wall squats were hell, but I did 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment